mayanas: (Default)
[personal profile] mayanas

I know, I know. All I do is post rambling ramblings and pictures from my walks. I don't have much of essence to say...

More pictures

The weather is still great. It was cloudy yesterday and I was in town so my walk was in an urban setting and since I had places to go and people to see I did not take any photos. I have had (well, I still have) this... Boil? Thing on my cheek which first appeared in Thailand. It had almost vanished when I got back but I did go to see a doctor about it anyway (what if a spider or some bug had laid EGGS in my FACE????). There wasn't much to see though (and no obvious sting/bite mark either (PHEW)) so we decided to just see what would happen. What happened was that it didn't disappear and three weeks later it got huge and ouch. Took me a while to get a time with the doctor but yesterday I went. It got drained a bit and I can call Thursday (or someone can call; ugh phones) to get the results (if any) of the tests run. In the meanwhile I'm on these hefty antibiotics that I have to take three times a day on an empty stomach and they cause me quite the tummy ache (to put it mildly. Ow.) Ten days worth. :S It isn't that bad; it only lasts for about an hour, peaks at about an hour and a half after I've taken the pill and then it gets better. Three times a day. I somehow have to arrange eating (no eating for two hours before or for one hour after) and sleeping (no sleeping right after taking a pill) and walking (don't want to be too far from home with stomach issues) around this (and everything else but that's a bit more slap-dash). The eating is going to be tricky, I think, and I must eat. Those forced three hour breaks could mess it up if I'm not careful. Structure!

Anyway, I did go for a walk today. The water was low.

"Here again? Really?"

The water is low but sometimes it's low enough that you can walk right out to the rocks just peeking up without getting your feet wet.

Hello, world!

Edda is getting a bit more adventurous on the beach (though I bet it helped that the water wasn't so high today and thus gave her a bit more scope). She almost got playful and not just complaining. I sat down for a bit and she got very cuddly, though. It was almost as if she didn't want me to linger too long...

Walking through dry muck.

The water is still really murky.

I love taking photos in this direction on the beach. For some reason I rarely walk in that direction though.

(no subject)

Date: October 1st, 2013 23:47 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
I love your beach pictures. They make me jealous of not having a beach.

(no subject)

Date: October 4th, 2013 21:35 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
When I was a child I was always dissatisfied that our beach wasn't one of those big white sandy beaches. I've come to appreciate it much more now. It is a pretty little beach with lots of interesting things to see.

Hello, Shadow! :D

Date: October 2nd, 2013 00:17 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
Happily, I like ramblings and walk pictures :p

That's a lot of antibiotics :o I hope they work, at least!

(no subject)

Date: October 4th, 2013 21:36 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
I hope they are working! I'm a third of the way in and the thing is still there and doesn't seem to go away...

(no subject)

Date: October 2nd, 2013 11:33 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
I had antibiotics with similar instructions when my wisdom tooth was taken out, I just went for a 8AM-4PM-midnight rhythm. But if you can't sleep right after taking the pills then it's much trickier. And I totally feel for you, scheduling the eating is a pain. Let's hope the antibiotics work so you don't have to go through everything for nothing.

(no subject)

Date: October 4th, 2013 21:39 (UTC)
From: [identity profile]
I think I've found a sort of rhythm that works, finally. It took me a few days. I'm mostly afraid that I'll time it wrong. I go from hunger to losing my appetite (by over-hunger?) very quickly and it's difficult to re-find my appetite once I've lost it. I need to eat!